Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Bait

It's still Republican Week at The Donkey! Here are some quotes from people speaking at this week's convention (not quotes FROM the convention, these statements are older).

Chicago Tribune, Eric Zorn's Notebook - Aug 30, 2004 -

"I'm pro-choice. I'm pro-gay rights... I have not supported (a ban on what critics call partial-birth abortions)and I don't see my position on that changing." -
Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani (R)


"I disagree with George Bush about (abortion rights)... I'm for choice. The women should have the choice. The women should decide what they want to do with their bodies. I'm all for that." - California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger (R)

"(I'm) ready to lead a fight to change (the GOP's) anti-abortion plank." - New York Governor George Pataki (R)

Switch

2004 Republican Party Platform (PDF) - We support a human life amendment to the Constitution and we endorse legislation to make it clear that the Fourteenth Amendment’s protections apply to unborn children. Our purpose is to have legislative and judicial protection of that right against those who perform abortions