Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Row, row, row your boat.

Repeat.

Cape Cod Times- Jun 02, 2004 - Quemere, an experienced sailor and avid adventurer, will pilot her 22-foot rowboat across the Atlantic from Cape Cod to Brittany, France, her hometown.

It is the second trans-Atlantic journey for the 38-year-old French woman, who rowed from Spain to the West Indian island of Guadeloupe in 56 days last year. If successful, she will be the first woman to row the North Atlantic in both directions.

"I do it for the adventure," Quemere said. "The first crossing was a test for me and I really want to experience again the emotions I felt during my first voyage. If I set a record, fine, but records aren't that important to me....

...I would write a book if I had something to say, but right now I just feel like I'm a regular person, a person who is determined and who loves to row."